Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Nephelim Dimension




 Self Portrait - previous incarnation as a Nephelim - Sept 2012 - acrylic on canvas - 12 x 16 in.

Here are two new paintings that came out of nowhere. I did not plan these. I just wanted to paint without any preconceived notions of where the painting will take me. I start with a line down the center then I start to paint arced lines or spaces. I've done many paintings this way. They all turn out differently with most becoming part of a family or group of work called meta figures. These all seem to mirror the notion of our meta-selves through geometric and energistic patterns. When I finished the top painting shown, there was an aspect in it that I greatly identified with, but the thought was also coupled with the idea that this was a painting of the Nephelim who were a race of beings before mankind. Because I saw myself in the expression of the face, I wondered if it was also me. I do often think of the canvas as a mirror reflecting the artist. Is not every portrait also a self portrait? Is not every painting a self portrait?
  
A spaceship moves through space. A spaceship is a container of space moving through time. A spaceship is time moving through dimension. A spaceship is dimension moving through nothing.


 Spaceship - Sept 2012 - acrylic on canvas - 16 x 12 in.